Smithsonian Latino Center Internships and Fellowships
We offer academic internships for upper level high school students, undergraduate, and graduate students during the fall, winter/spring, and summer semesters.
- Internships are offered on a part-time and full-time basis for students with an interest and commitment to the arts, sciences, or humanities.
- Interns will work on a variety of Latino Center projects with a focus area on exhibitions, public and educational programming, professional development programs, online resources, and development.
- Internships are currently unpaid and may provide academic credit if requested directly through your college or university. Paid internships will be noted in the Internship Opportunities listing.
- Internships are offered on a rolling basis, below please find the suggested timeframe for application submissions:
- Summer 2016: April 30, 2016
- Fall 2016: July 31, 2016
Please click here for our general internship listings.
How do I apply for a Smithsonian Latino Center Internship?
Please submit an application via the Smithsonian Online Academic Appointment System (SOLAA) found on the Smithsonian website or via the following link http://solaa.si.edu. Once registered please search for Smithsonian Latino Center Internship Program to begin your application. For additional information, email SLCEducation@si.edu. Please read the SLC Internships Overview and the SLC Internship description before beginning your application.
- If your college or university operates on a quarterly basis, please notify us in your initial inquiry.
- The application does not recognize special characters or accent marks.
For more information about Smithsonian internships and fellowships, please visit the Smithsonian Office of Fellowships and Internships at http://ofi.si.edu.